Since my laptop was malfunctioning I couldn't put up my top fifteen books of 2009! So here they are:
15. Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner. Such a beautiful, well written novel.
14. The Absolutely True Diary of A Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. Full of memorable characters and I really felt like the author got inside a teenage boy's head.
13. Wide Awake by David Levithan. A fantastic political novel with excellent romance.
12. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. Gripping and haunting. The PERFECT zombie novel.
11. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty. Funny and true. Also one of the best couples I've seen in realistic YA literature...ever.
10. The Season by Sarah MacLean. Clever with a feisty protagonist. One of my favorite debuts of the year.
9. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. While it had unnecessary confusion at the beginning, it had my heart by the end.
8. Graceling by Kristin Cashore. A delightfully equal relationship, perfect pacing and AMAZING characters.
7. Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev. A creative idea executed beautifully. I wait eagerly for the sequel.
6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Although I haven't finished it, I love it! Original with a great narrator. My favorite debut of the year.
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Fast paced and politically thrilling.
4. Paper Towns by John Green. Intricately woven and come on, it's JOHN EFFING GREEN.
3. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson. Great perspective on eating disorders.
2. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. This book has been my second love. The characters were so fresh and complex. Gorgeous.
1. Going Bovine by Libba Bray. Mind boggling, funny and just undeniably Libba. She taps into the male narrator like NO OTHER. This is LIBBA THE GODDESS we're talking about.
I cannot wait to find out what my favorites of '10 will be!